A 21-year-old Australian classical musician remains in critical condition at a hospital in Hong Kong, two days after his room-mate died of a suspected drug overdose.
Staff at a Hong Kong hotel discovered Evan Williams unconscious in his room along with fellow orchestra member Joseph Hall on Saturday.
The men, who had no external injuries, were rushed to hospital where Mr Hall died on arrival.
Local media have reported that the case is being treated as a suspected drug overdose.
The two musicians had been on tour with the Western Australian Youth Orchestra for a series of concerts in Singapore and Hong Kong.